Here is my interview with James Siebor, a non-professional actor who made his debut in Matt Porterfield’s Putty Hill.
You can see the film next weekend May 7-9th at the 2010 Maryland Film Festival.
1) How did you get involved with the film Putty Hill? Were you also cast in Metal Gods?
I got involved through my little brother’s teacher, Matt’s girlfriend and yes,yes I was.
2) How did you feel about a movie being filmed in Baltimore?
I feel great that I got a chance to do something fun and got to be around a great group of people.
3) What was it like working without a script? How did you first feel about it?
I was nervous, but I eased my way into liking it, actually.
4) What was it like working with Matt Porterfield?
Great! He’s a great director and a good friend,nice guy.
5) What was it like working with the rest of the cast?
They were awesome,very friendly and knew what they were doing.
6) How do you feel about the film playing festivals around the world?
I feel great that my image and the movies image is getting around, ya’know?
7) What’s next for you?
Hopefully, I go on to Metal Gods and then I’ll be finished my book, “Purple.”